Underline and Double Underline is a superlative option for highlighting a text or a cell for multiple users or for yourself when working on Google Sheet.
Highlighting the data that you find important in your work can easily be used underlined to help you in later tasks.
There are several ways you can access your Google Sheet Cells via underlining, for example, you can underline a whole cell or a specific text in a cell.
In this article, I will talk about how to add underline and double underline, remove underline and double underline your text in Google sheets using easy ways.
How to add underline the entire text in a cell
You can apply to underline the entire text in a cell using following this step.
1. You must first select the cell of Google Sheet that you want to underline.
2. You have to select the option in the “Format” of Google Sheet’s menu bar.
3. You will see many options within the format, select the “Text” option and select the “Underline” option within the ‘Text” option.
4. Then you can see the underlining on the whole cell.
If you want to get back to the previous state, you can use the keyboard shortcut way “Ctrl +Z”.
Note: Shortcut way, Select the cell and press keyboard for underline in your Google sheets
How to add underline the entire text in multiple cells
- If you want to underline more than one cell, select that cell first and you can underline it in the same process above.
2. End results.
Note: Shortcut way, Select part of the text on the cell and press keyboard for underline Ctrl+U
How to add underline specific text in a cell
- Select the text you want to underline the part of the text that you double-click.
- Press the keyboard for the part of the text in a cell underline (Ctrl +U).
How to remove underline the entire text in a cell
Many times when the work is done you will need to remove the underline, then you can also follow the steps below.
- Select the cell that you have underlined, click on the “Format” option in the top menu bar.
- Hover over the “Text”, you will see the underline option.
- Click on the underline, the underline of the cell will be removed.
Note: Shortcut way, Select underline the cell or part of the text press keyboard for remove underline (Ctrl +U)
How to add Double Underline the entire text in a cell
Double underline is a great composition, newly added these features in Google sheets. Sometimes you have a need to add a double underline in your cell how to these features add to your Google sheet.
So you can follow the step.
- Select the cell.
Click on the “Borders” option at the top of your Google Sheets, select Double Borders and click on ” Bottom Borders”.
- And end results.
There are many options on the border, you can choose an option for your cell. Such as Right border, Left border, Top border, Horizontal border, Vertical border, etc.
How to remove Double Underline the entire text in a cell
If you want to remove the double underline in the cell, move the cursor to the “Border” option and click “Clear border” to clear the border.
In Google sheet’s underline and double underline, the formatting technique is very useful for finding your data easily. When working with a large set of data, you can easily use underline or double underline in your Google Sheets to find any data. The text draws the reader’s attention to highlight the text underlined.
Other Google Sheets tutorials articles you may find useful: